According to a national poll, 76% of women consider themselves to be bargain hunters. Now is your chance to open your closet and gather those items to allow those unwanted items to become a treasure to someone else.
What we offer you
Island Overstock is a fun event allowing you to empty your closets and drawers, and rid yourself of new unwanted gifts you may have collected over the months or years! Consignors and shoppers alike will scour through our hundreds of items looking for the best clothing and accessories for amazing prices. With some time and effort on your part, you will clear your clutter and turn it into cash! Our twice-a-year local events will help keep your closets, drawers, and cabinets free of clutter!
- Do you have?
- Clothing and accessories for women and men, including jewelry, scarves, hats, belts, handbags, wallets, totes, shoes, flip flops, boots, sportswear, sunglasses, beachwear and accessories
- Home décor items, including candles, rugs, small furniture, art, items from local artisans and crafters, bed and bath, linens, kitchenware, health and beauty products, stationary, books, gardening tools and equipment, sports equipment, pet toys and accessories.
How it worksDedicate a small amount of your time to select a minimum of 25 items for the sale.
- Register with Island Overstock through our easy-to-navigate system.
- Enter items and prices through our user-friendly online database, and print and affix price tags to items.
- Schedule an appointment to drop off items prior to the event.
- Schedule an appointment to pick up any unsold items after the event.
- Collect your profits!
How Much to I make?
~40% - Too Busy? Let us hang, tag and enter your items, you earn 40% and shop early with the consignors!
~50% - Hang, tag, and enter your items yourself, shop during our pre-sale and earn 50% of your sales
~55% - Hang, tag, and enter your items yourself, help out at the sale by working 4 hours, earn your $10 consignor fee back, shop earlier during our pre-sale and earn 55% of your sales.
~60% - Hang, tag, and enter your items yourself, help out at the sale by working 8 hours (or 2 - 4 hour shifts), earn your $10 consignor fee back, and shop even earlier during our pre-sale and earn 60% of your sales
What Brands We Love?
We mainly look for items that are in near perfect condition and super cute, we do have guidelines. We cannot allow the bargain brands, because let's face it, you can buy them brand new at rock bottom prices and we don't want to fill our sale with items that are easy enough to get for next to nothing, for example, Old Navy, Faded Glory, Alfred Dunner, Merona, JC Penny, Kohls, Walmart, Fashion Bug, Dressbarn, Forever 21, H&M and the like.
The desirable brands that we are most happy to see are Banana Republic, J Crew, Gap, Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Flax, Eileen Fisher, Lily Pulitzer, Ralph Lauren, Talbots, Chicos, J Jill, Tribal, Hudson, Levis, Free People, Athleta, Anthropology, Cole Haan, Frye, J McLaughlin, Tory Burch, LL Bean, Vineyard Vines, North Face, Loft, Ann Taylor, Coach, Brahmin, Burberry, Dooney and Bourke, Louis Vuitton, Chanel and the like.
If you're a new consigner:
If you've consigned with other local consigning events, you
may use the same username and password.
If you're a returning consigner with Island Overstock:
- Pam Agkun, Owner, The Sea Star Collection, Newport RI
- Donna Trotter, Blue Hydrangea, Wickford RI